Sunday, July 12, 2009

Paper Golf and Garage Sale Finds

The other day I was feeling a bit down and bored as we wait for the closing to happen and I can get busy moving us and settling in (I'm so ready to start school, this has not been my most productive summer ever). So when Kate went off to run some errands I decided to try and find something free to do (closing cost aren't cheap!) for the evening. Well lo and behold here I found an idea for a game called paper golf. Basically you draw out a golf hole on paper, complete with boundaries, traps, tee and the hole. Then you blindfold yourself, take out a pen or a crayon and draw a line, that's your first stroke, then you draw it again trying to get it into the hole, landing in the water or out of bounds adds a stroke etc. So we drew up some courses and off we went:
We added a couple of rules, like adding a limit to how far you can "hit" the ball per turn and par values for each course. For a silly little game off a children's website it proved to be a lot of fun! Try it out the next time you're bored!

Then on Saturday we went garage sale-ing and had some great finds. Kate got about 20 new outfits for Daylin for about $5 (sorry no pics) and we also found a great deal on a Dewalt sawz-all, some concrete tools and spent a dollar on a 4 gallon fish tank. Thus the Olsen's now have their first pets, 3 small fish, one as pictured below in the top right corner:
And also my latest tool acquisition, I plan to put it to use on a myriad of home improvement projects:

No comments: