Thursday, July 23, 2009

Day 5

Today we painted. (sounds kinda epic!) Two coats of primer are on and we had a happy baby there to help us:
I did most of the final prep work this morning, including dusting everything off and re-mudding some of the joints. Then Kate and I spent the afternoon rolling and brushing on paint (Dale, if you are reading this, you are my painting god and I do worship you! I couldn't have enjoyed this without your tutelage). We painted till dinner time with Daylins help, she is such a good daughter, she makes us pretty happy. Side story; for dinner we had mac and cheese (it went a little better than someone else's airpopped popcorn :) and fed a bit to Daylin for her first time. SHE LOVED IT. We couldn't get it into her fast enough, she was even trying to steal our bites. She ate more than I think I've ever seen her eat of any other meal. It was fun to watch her when she would get sooo excited as we would feed it to her. Kids are awesome. Anyway, after Kate and Daylin left for the evening, I put on most of the second coat of primer and will be finishing it up tomorrow so that we can paint some COLOR on to our new white kitchen. What a difference going from dark worn out wood to fresh white bright paint, it's lots of fun.
Here's the new under kitchen floor and cabinet shelf that was missing from yesterdays post.



I also primed over our exposed beam dirt "shadows" so that I can repaint the livingroom and kitchen ceiling (besides the shadows there is a lot of fireplace soot built up on the ceiling). Finally I painted most of our bedroom closet; the old owners remodeled it at some point and negelected to cover that fact up with a new paint job.
Here is some more proof of last nights tree carnage:Compare the following picture to the one we posted when we bought the house. The branches were hanging down past the doors:

A walkable sidewalk!Tomorrow I will be finishing up the painting of the kitchen and our closet and trying to get the ceiling painted as well. If all goes well we should have nice clean cabinets to move our dishes into by Saturday. Then I can start working on preping and building the new cabinet doors and drawers.

No comments: