Well we are just about done with our pre-move-in work, in fact we could have finished today, but we decided to knock of early instead.
Saturday, July 25, 2009
Color!
Today we painted, ALOT of color in the house. We put "antique red" on the top of the kitchen and around the window sill. Then "hat box brown" in the living room. Kate also worked on antiquing the cabinets with glaze, she has the artistic touch; I can't do it nearly as well! And my favorite part... WHITE on the CEILING!!! So so so so nice to have a clean white ceiling. Oh! We also finished painting the closet too.

We will be putting up crown molding so I haven't been too careful about painting the ceiling to wall junction.
The hall and the entryway have the original color.The entryway will be the same color and we're thinking about painting the hall the same color too, but with some fun geometric shapes (squares etc) around eye level.
Here is our formally-covered-in-shiny-wallpaper back kitchen wall. Now textured and painted.
We are also going to paint the fireplace wall a different shade of brown for an "accent" wall. Here's the contrast:
Well we are just about done with our pre-move-in work, in fact we could have finished today, but we decided to knock of early instead.
Well we are just about done with our pre-move-in work, in fact we could have finished today, but we decided to knock of early instead.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I just have to say it again that I am BLOWN AWAY!!!!!!!!!! that you guys can just whip out a project like this. I have been working on re staining an old table (I didn't even make it) and I'm about two months into it. It's taking so long! HOW DO YOU GUYS DO IT!?!?! Seriously, you are an amazing duo! I'm going to have to fly you guys in or something when we move somewhere. How do you both know how to do this kind of thing?!?! How cool because that means you can just move anywhere and make it look how ever you want. VERY VERY VERY COOL!!!!!
-Jill
Looks great. Makes me want to add some color to my walls! You two make a good team!!
Post a Comment