Monday, June 2, 2008

Crib Update


Well I've finally got all the wood cut out for the crib, here is a rough idea of what it is going to look like when its done. I've still got to cut the slats down to size, drill holes, route everything, sand and finish it all. At least it is starting to look like a crib though, I always get such a kick out of taking a bunch of rough boards and watching them be transformed into a usable object. I imagine its a lot like what a sculptor feels when he has a big block of stone and slowly it begins to look like whatever he is sculpting. Anyway, the rest of my life is going awesome, first I've got the most incredible wife in the world, she's my best freind, in all senses, and let me tell you she is a great cook! On Sunday I had to work an all day (5am - 10pm) shift at work, its a long haul but it means working only one Sunday a month. Well at one point we took the boys to a park to get some air and let them run around. Alas once there we found out that there was no running water in the park, so since we live only a few minutes away, I called Kate and asked her to bring us some ice water. She not only brought ice water, she made tons of yummy treats for the boys like brownies, lemon cookies, and orange caramels. They boys were sooooo excited to have some homemade yummies. So yeah, my wife is awesome, she makes me so happy.

3 comments:

Tim and Johanna said...

The crib is looking great! Tim wishes he had skills like that. :)

Athack77 said...

Kate is wonderful, she reminds me of my wonderful sister-in-law in many ways. You also remind me of her father, conviently named Mike too. Your crib looks great. We're excired for this new chapter in your life. Time just makes everything even better.

Emily Shaw said...

What an amazing job Mike! I never knew you were so handy. I'm so excited for you to be parents! It is seriously wonderful knowing the Lord has trusted you to take care of one of His children. Congrats!

Emily (Luke)
memilyrae.com