Monday, June 9, 2008

I Always Hated Tag

Well here is the scoop. Megan "tagged" us, which means that we have to come up with six things about ourselves that nobody really knows. And as much as Mike and I both hate this stuff, we will do it for Megan because we don't want to make her cry... we do have to live with her for another 3 months after all. :)

1. While this is not a surprise to the people I live with, some of you may not know this.... I dislike being pregnant. :) Shocker.... I know.... but seriously, I always thought I would enjoy it. The excitement of bringing life into the world, but for some reason, the sickness and the tiredness and the fact that I can barely bend my torso, or that my back always hurts kinda overshadows it... Or maybe it is the fact that I have basically been pregnant or been recovering from being pregnant for the entire span of my marriage... what with two miscarriages previous to this pregnancy... I don't know. :) I do know that it is not my favorite thing in the world. I also know that it will all be worth it in the end, so I don't need any pep talks, I'm just a whiner :)

2. Because of the infinite amount of times I have stubbed my toes (including one break), both of my pinky toenails are permanently split into at least two pieces. They have been like that for so long, I fear they will never become one toenail again. :( (Sorry if this grosses anyone out)


3. I am probably one of the pickiest eaters known to man. However, I will claim until my death that it is not my fault, I just have extremely sensitive taste buds and an overactive gag reflex. I remember as a kid (age 10 or so) my mom trying to feed me a tomato and lettuce sandwich and I cried and cried and gagged and gagged and she couldn't understand what the heck was wrong with me. She probably still doesn't understand :)

4. I love Popsicles!! For breakfast, for dinner, when I'm hot, when I'm freezing, Otter pops, push-ups, fruit bars..... It's an illness really. And I love the Ice Cream man who comes around in a truck. There is one in our neighbor hood, but I never seem to catch him. I'm either not home from work yet, out of cash, or it's Sunday. Life is so hard. I WILL GET YOU ICE CREAM MAN... one of these days.

5. I am deathly afraid of hippos. I have never seen a real one, but I am pretty sure I would wet my pants if I did. There is something about the majority of them being hidden under water ... like an iceberg or something. They could crush you in an instant. My husband doesn't understand this, as a rhinoceros could do the same thing... but they are land locked. It's something about the water that really freaks me out. While I am on the subject, I am also afraid of seaweed, fish sucking on my toes, massive whales... well pretty much anything in the water I guess... I would never survive deep sea diving.

6. It is a goal of mine, before I die that is, to go up in a hot air balloon. They have always appealed to me and I just really really want to go for a long ride. I love the air... not the water.

No comments: