For tonight, it is just a few random things that I don't want to forget.
Daylin says the silliest things. These may be more of a "you have to be there" moments. But I was there... and it was funny. A while back, after just having used the bathroom for a #2 trip, she turned around and looked down in the toilet and exclaimed, "It looks like a big corn dog poo." Nice!! I about died laughing. And after taking a peek, I found her description to be quite accurate.
(playing in the snow with grandma... the snow that lasted about an hour)
Example #2: At her 4 year old check up, they had to administer a few shots that did not go over well. Screaming and all. I asked if they could do a allergy blood test on her and they gave me some paperwork to have it done at the hospital lab. I took Daylin in a couple of days later and tried to walk her through what they were going to do. Of course she was extremely upset with me and didn't want to go. However, when we got there she was very brave and was able to endure the withdrawing of her blood at the elbow. She said, "that didn't hurt at all. I like this one better." And then she proceeded to explain to the lab tech about how the other shots where much worse, and in her words... "they were freaking out pain." Another great laugh... the tech liked her description as well. :) That's our Daylin girl.
Everett is a very "sensitive" boy. At any given time he will put his head to the ground and say, "Sad, sad, sad." He also gets "MAD, MAD, MAD," very easily, but rarely explains why. He's few on words, but he feels that repeating them at least three time is the most effective way to get his point across. Unless it is 6:30 in the morning, and then it is DAD, DAD, DAD," about 500 times, or until Mike gets out of bed. He is relentless. But mostly he's a pretty cute kid.
(we made a gingerbread house together on New Year's, kids loved it of course)
Shelby is mostly wonderful as well. She still sleeps and eats really well. She loves to be held. Duh! But my favorite things she does it peek at me while I am holding her. It looks like she is just pretending to be sleeping and just checks every few seconds to make sure I haven't put her down. Love it!




1 comment:
I like your goal! I would say that I'm gonna try to do the same thing but I already know that I'm gonna fail! Eli tells me what his poops look like too, usually they are big brown dinosaurs but sometimes he'll switch it up with other little gems.
Post a Comment