Due to being thousands of miles away from anywhere resembling home and having zero cash to burn, we stayed in Lubbock for the holidays. It was a tad boring but nice not to have to spend free days traveling. While Daylin did enjoy all of her Christmas loot, trying to get her to open them all by midnight was a challenge. I think Mike and I ended up opening at least half her presents for her. (Just the boring ones though).

One of the favorite items is a musical sit and spin which really just serves as an MP3 player instead. She love to just run up to it, push the music button and then run away and play with something else.

A little bit of inspirational music to encourage her play time... since it play 6 different "techno" songs, most of which sound like they could be from a game show made in the 70's. The clip isn't terribly fascinating but she is trying so hard to get it to work.... using her foot to push herself... plus you get to hear that awesome music.
Some PJ's from Grandma O. And a sour face for bed time.

Mike made her a rocking chair.

Some random pool blow up toy that I got on clearance that she was having fun with.

For Near Year's we went to a friend in the wards house for dinner. There were several MFT families there and it was a lot of fun. Tons of kids running around and lots of new toys to steal from others/ Actually Daylin isn't too bad with that. She is usually very willing to share... i.e. bring you toys that she no longer wants but she hasn't quite grasped that we don't just take what we do want. This toy in particualr was very fascinating to her. As long as she had this baby at her disposal she was fine. :)

She was really good that night though and I look forward to the days of Nursery, where she can play with other kids and I can get a break. :) Three more months!!!
Over the break I also got to paint Daylin's room. You can't tell from this photo, but the wall are acutally a light yellow. I painted red, orange and yellow shapes all over the room. (I painted the little sun switch plate too.)

Here is a panoramic (stitched) view of the room. It really doesn't make it easy to understand, but at least you can see all the shapes.

A few close ups


That about sums it up. Mike is back to school and we are back to waiting for the next holiday. I am looking forward to April in hopes that I (with daylin) might be able to fly up to Utah to see some of my family at my sister's graduation. I struggle with being so far away. Making new friends has never been my strong point. And making friends that can fill the void created by having family so far away is even harder. I am grateful for my little family though and know I am very blessed.
4 comments:
Ummm... "might be able to fly up"? I'm thinking you'd better make sure those bags are packed :)
I guess Jessica's paying for that flight then! :) I am looking into flights over our "spring break" trying to figure out the schedule! :) I am doing my best to get out there! WAIT.... I've got it! I have a grand idea, Jessica can pay for your flight out for her graduation, and you can pay for mine to visit you... :) genius! I know! HA! Miss you guys!
I have a sneaky suspicion of how you got that sit n spin for a good price. :) I can just tell what Daylin is thinking too..."how is this supposed to be fun?"
Love the pictures - esp. the sad "time for bed face" Adorable! Daylin's growing up WAY TOO FAST. She's looking more like a toddler every day :-( She needs to quit growing so fast so that we don't miss out on too much by April!
Post a Comment