
I just wanted to announce to the world that I am impatient to move on to Texas! That being said there are also lots of reasons why I am sad to be leaving. Last night was one of those sad moments. Dr. T has been graciously hosting dinner get togethers for Kates side of the family who live in the area for quite some time. They guarantee several things:
1. Great food, I don't think anyone has ever left feeling less than stuffed, indulged, and wishing they had room to eat more.
2. Fun games, while 5 crowns is the staple, we also have fun with apples to apples and hand and foot, the entertainment is never lacking!
3. Care; last night it really hit me, Dr. T. spends much of the evening asking how others are doing, she seems to always be aware of the events that are going on in others lives and showing that she cares about their lives. It was a humbling moment to see her imparting herself so freely. Thanks Dr. T!
I'm going to miss the get togethers, they have always been great times.
I'm also going to miss my family. There is a great sense of security knowing that you have people who care about you and are there if you need them close by. The other day Kate and I ran into my brother and his wife walking down the street. After we spent some time talking to them and had parted ways I realized that chance meetings like that won't happen down in Texas. Sad. Also, Daylin won't have grandpa and grandma just down the street to play with either. She likes them quite a bit.
Now for some things that make me anxious to get on the road.
Work; my current job has been probably one of the best I've ever had. It's allowed me to get my "hands dirty" in the mental health field and has taught me a lot about my strengths and weaknesses. I love working there. The vast majority of the people I interact with on a day to day basis are people I would consider friends. However, just recently I made a mistake and hurt someone's feelings. Now I feel like the bad guy. Work is no longer so much fun, I said I was sorry and had only been trying to help them out, but the damage is still done and I think I'm still the bad guys in some peoples minds. I just want to slip into mindless cruise control and try and let the next few weeks blur by. I've had some great support from people who mean a lot to me (hence greatest job so far). But I still just want to figuratively quit and leave all the awkwardness and yucky feelings behind. The future looks so much brighter while the present is looking rather prickly and stressful. That feeling has settled down on me and every time I go into work I just kinda wish I had an excuse not to go, or that I could justify being angry, because, by golly, I do feel angry! I was just trying to make things better! Grrrr. Anyway, Daylin and Kate are so much more fun to be around than going off to work these days.
Snow. Currently it is 76 degrees in Lubbock. Need I say more?
Well there it is folks, the good, the bad, and the snowy.
2 comments:
You are so kind! I will miss you guys!! Just think of all the new friends you are going to make in Texas!
mikey I love you and I honestly have to say that you are one of the people i look up to most at work. like a big brother. thank you for all that do you . and an apology is all we can do. I don't know the situation but it sounds like that person is choosing to be angry and it sucks but just be amazing mike and im sure whoever it is that is angry will have to get over it. mike you rock
go fight win.
ps my wallet and scrapbooking stuff was stolen including all the pictures of the little boy that i placed for adoption people are so cruel.
go olsens
Post a Comment