Sorry it has taken me so long to post about the baby shower... but I have discovered that I would much rather read about other people than take the time to write about my own boring life. But after a "sco
lding" from my sister about not having posted yet... here I go.Baby No. 1 is well on her way with 33 day remaining. (Till my due date at least. She will probably be stubborn and come late but like most expecting moms, I'm hoping she comes early. I don't know if it is a good sign or just because I'm most likely prone to having a large baby, every Dr. appointment they tell me I am measuring ahead... so we will see.)
So anyways... with a month to go... my
mother-in-law threw a baby shower for me. I'm not much for silly games so I helped her plan out events so I could avoid as much embarrassment as possible. I had a bunch of blank onesies and some fun iron-ons there for them to do as well as quilt squares for them to decorate with fabric pens. I also called m
y mom and got some info about my birth to do a bit of trivia for prizes. Some of the info was even surprising to me. Like the fact that I was a 9lb baby (yikes!! and Mike was 9lb 9 oz... like I said.... prone to big babies), and that my mom was only in labor for 1 1/2 hours with me... so hopefully I have that
going for me. Fingers crossed. :) It was a beautiful night with a light breeze, and the fresh peach and apple cobblers and strawberry slush really seemed to hit the spot. Unfortunately, we accidentally wrote the wrong address (by one number) on ALL of the invitations, which resulted in a lot of lo
st guests and phone calls to find their way. I was; however, very impressed and honored by how many people showed up. We all had a great time, and I walked away with A LOT of clothes and diapers. Because I was given a butt load of clothes (most of which were pink) from my sister(THAN
1 comment:
It was fun to see you and your sis too. I hope your last moth passes quickly and is very uneventful. Keep us posted!
Post a Comment